Monday, December 6, 2010

Summer Vacation

Since before the summer vacation, my elder brother, who has been serving in Lahore, advised me to pass my summer vacation with them. I also was much eager to visit Lahore, because of, I have heard about and seen in the T.V. many attractive places and scenes of Lahore.
On the next day of summer vacation, I started for Lahore with my younger brother. My elder brother and his family were present to receive us at Lahore Railway Station. All of us became very much glad to see each other. My brother informed that he had taken one week leave for me, so that he could show me the Lahore city. After breakfast, we started visiting Lahore city. He hired a Tanga and first of all we reached the famous Jama Masjid of Lahore. The Masjid is very beautiful to look and comfortable space for the prayers. After that we visited the tomb of the great Philosopher and the poet of the East, Allama Mohammad Iqbal. We offered Fateha and after that we went to see the Minar-e-Pakistan. The minar is very attractive and constructed in the heart of Iqbal Park. we went upto the top of the minar. The whole city was before our eyes which was looking very attractive. After entertaining the views, we came down and walked in the Anarkali Market. My sister in law invited to drink Lassi from the famous Lassi shop of Lahore. After that we returned home and set up the next day programme.
On one Friday we visited the shrine of the famous saint, Data Ganj Bux. There was a rush of men, women and children and they were offering Fateha and walked around. I was too much impressed to visit the shrine and read the poem of Khawaja Moinuddin Chishti. Lahore is a historical city also, so we decided to see the historical places. The next day we visited the Shalaamar Garden, Tomb of Jahangir, Noor Jahan and Lahore Fort. All these buildings and gardens were reminding us the regime of Moghal Emperors, who ruled in the country and left their glorious signs.
Thus we visited the whole city of Lahore in a week and saw General Post Office, High Court, Government house and other important and unique buildings and residential areas. I and my younger brother were very glad to see the Lahore city and became very impressed to see the hospitality of Zinda Dilaan-e-Lahore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
World see & Love Pakistan. Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul Tested by Blogger Templates.